User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Monahan
Votes |
Aspiring Investor in southern utah

Jeffrey Monahan
Posted Jan 28 2023, 13:42

Hello !

I am a 34 year old living in St. George Utah. I am a blue collar employee looking for more in life. You could say that I am in that fork of the road in life where I want to create more for myself and those I love.  Anybody willing and able to give me a few pointers would be wonderful.  I am very interested in basic wholesaling or assignment of contracts to start ??   Anyway, I look forward to the path ahead.  thanks !

User Stats

Votes
Carl Davis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Utah
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Utah
Replied Jan 28 2023, 14:54

Welcome! Going to local investor meetups is a great way to network!

• Real Estate Agent Utah (# 12669906-SA00)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 29 2023, 08:29

I would get on all the wholesalers lists here in utah. That way you can see how they run their operations. I would also recommend looking for some good off market deals that you could wholesale and start off by partnering with the existing wholesalers in utah. They will split the profits with you and it will be a safe way to learn all the ins and outs. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Marlon Fong
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Metro Manila
Votes |
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Metro Manila
Replied Jan 30 2023, 10:57

Welcome to the site @Jeffrey Monahan ! It's great to have you here.

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Wishing you the best!

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 30 2023, 11:07
Quote from @Jeffrey Monahan:

Hello !

I am a 34 year old living in St. George Utah. I am a blue collar employee looking for more in life. You could say that I am in that fork of the road in life where I want to create more for myself and those I love.  Anybody willing and able to give me a few pointers would be wonderful.  I am very interested in basic wholesaling or assignment of contracts to start ??   Anyway, I look forward to the path ahead.  thanks !

When I got started investing my sophomore year of college, I had $500 to my name, My grandmother lent me $12k for the downpayment on a duplex on OSU campus in Columbus. Over the course of a year, my wife and I fixed it up, rented to friends, ate peanut butter and jelly, and did everything we could. We then refinanced the property and it has given us $140k in cash back and continually produces $1,800/month in cash flow.

If there is a will there is a way. Get started and it will be only good things for your future! 

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Monahan
Votes |
Replied Jan 31 2023, 09:32

You guys have been so helpful! Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Holly Salazar
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 22 2023, 17:41

Jeffrey, I'm in St. George Utah also.  Feel free to reach out! 

User Stats

Votes
Ben Bolingbroke
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Mar 7 2023, 15:55

Hey Jeff, I wholesale primary out of Salt Lake City.  I’d love to connect sometime and see if I could help out.  Let me know!

User Stats

Votes
Alli Breighner
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 8 2023, 07:14

Hey Jeffrey, welcome to BP!

I definitely recommend joining the meetups and overall networking. BiggerPockets offers numerous resources so I would take advantage of it all. 

Also the BP Podcast is also very insightful. Feel free to reach out, I'd love to discuss real estate with you!