• Chicago
Votes |
New to BP & Real Estate!

Max Klitchman
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Posted Mar 28 2023, 09:20

Hello Everyone!

My name is Max Klitchman and I recently got into real estate investing just after graduating college. I have lived in La Grange, Illinois my entire life and I would like to connect and network with other investors, lenders, general contractors, agents, brokers, and any other real estate related professionals that work in the area. I am specifically interested in the western suburbs within Cook County and DuPage – Areas like Berwyn, La Grange, Westmont, Lemont, Naperville, Glen Ellyn, Elmhurst, ETC.

As of last week, I got my first property under contract in La Grange Park with the plan to fix and flip the house. Being so new to real estate, my resources are very limited at the moment and I am looking to expand my connections to learn more about the industry.

Thanks & I’d love to network with you!

Max Klitchman

User Stats

Votes
Noah Bacon
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
ModeratorReplied Mar 28 2023, 10:03

Hi Max! Welcome to BiggerPockets and thanks for joining!

Here are some tips for networking and making the most of your account.

1) I'd fill out your profile fully before you do anything else! As that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person, with a picture and professional bio. Particularly be sure to include your goals for real estate investing so that folks can help you.

2) Go to the Search bar, and look for some local members in your area! Reach out to a few of the folks, perhaps those with hundreds or thousands of posts in this forum, and connect. You can do that here.

3) Check out some of the local meetups that you can find in this forum! There are so many so be sure to filter by your location.

4) Review this comprehensive 64 page deck on the state of the 2023 housing market (in your resource page as a member of BiggerPockets!) for real estate investors put together by Dave Meyer and available for all BiggerPockets members.

5) Consider meeting with a few agents in your area even if you are just getting started! An investor friendly agent can do all sorts of helpful things, like setting you up with a search for properties or connecting you with folks who have recently done deals like the ones you want to do.

6) Consider analyzing a deal or two in your local market, just for practice, with a free use of our Rental Property Calculator (or other calculators).

Hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions you may have!

User Stats

Votes
Tony Angelos
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Mar 28 2023, 11:29

@Max Klitchman That's Incredible! Way to go man!  You're on the right path and getting started early. The best way to grow in this industry is just to talk to people and let them know what you're trying to do. If you're doing a fix and flip, are you using your own funds? Hard money? something else?

Feel free to reach out if you ever want to chat offline! Congrats on getting numero uno!

Captivate Real Estate Group Logo
Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Sloane Kraftsow
  • Lender
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 28 2023, 12:08

Hi Max! I am also a recent college graduate getting into real estate investing! Congratulations on getting your first property under contract and sending a warm welcome to BP. 

Feel free to reach out if you want to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Paul De Luca
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 28 2023, 12:17
Quote from @Max Klitchman:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Max Klitchman and I recently got into real estate investing just after graduating college. I have lived in La Grange, Illinois my entire life and I would like to connect and network with other investors, lenders, general contractors, agents, brokers, and any other real estate related professionals that work in the area. I am specifically interested in the western suburbs within Cook County and DuPage – Areas like Berwyn, La Grange, Westmont, Lemont, Naperville, Glen Ellyn, Elmhurst, ETC.

As of last week, I got my first property under contract in La Grange Park with the plan to fix and flip the house. Being so new to real estate, my resources are very limited at the moment and I am looking to expand my connections to learn more about the industry.

Max Klitchman

What are you looking for specifically in those areas? Are you looking to flip more, buy & hold, house hack?

• Real Estate Agent Illinois (#475.190985)

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Mar 28 2023, 12:24

@Max Klitchman- welcome to BP  and good luck on the new career .

User Stats

Votes
Max Klitchman
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Replied Mar 28 2023, 14:32
Quote from @Tony Angelos:

@Max Klitchman That's Incredible! Way to go man!  You're on the right path and getting started early. The best way to grow in this industry is just to talk to people and let them know what you're trying to do. If you're doing a fix and flip, are you using your own funds? Hard money? something else?

Feel free to reach out if you ever want to chat offline! Congrats on getting numero uno!

Thank you! With the fix and flips, I am funding through Hard Money Lenders, which is difficult to find in this area as a newbie.

User Stats

Votes
Max Klitchman
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago
Replied Mar 28 2023, 14:37
Quote from @Paul De Luca:

Hello Everyone!

Max Klitchman

What are you looking for specifically in those areas? Are you looking to flip more, buy & hold, house hack?

Hi Paul - 

As of right now, my main focus is on fixing and flipping. That comes with finding more deals but also networking with others that work in those areas I mentioned. I am very interested in getting into other projects like house hacking later on though!

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied Mar 28 2023, 17:52

Welcome to the BP family @Max Klitchman ! Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community.

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Wishing you the best!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Mar 28 2023, 21:16

Welcome to BiggerPockets Max!

User Stats

Votes
Marc Rice
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 29 2023, 06:56

Hello Everyone!

Max Klitchman

Best of luck on the 1st flip!

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Mar 30 2023, 05:29

@Max Klitchman

Welcome to BP!

Get as much knowledge and experience as possible and find a mentor.

Join real estate investment clubs.

Get in touch with a local agent or investor and shorten your learning curve and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the market better.

All the best!

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Bartlett
  • Realtor
Votes |
  • Realtor
Replied Mar 30 2023, 07:50

Welcome to BP community and congrats on getting started, Max!

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.