Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Looking for a loan for my property

Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Posted May 19 2023, 19:01

Just started doing business and would like to know how to get business loan for my property that I have found.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied May 20 2023, 09:43
Quote from @Corey Arnold:

Just started doing business and would like to know how to get business loan for my property that I have found.

Post the terms you are looking for, for example we know lenders who lend on non owner occupied properties, must have 30% equity and rates start at 13% and 2 points

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied May 20 2023, 09:46
Hi Corey,
Do you own the property and are looking for a line of credit? Talk to the commercial banker at the bank that has the mortgage on the property. If you are trying to purchase with a commercial loan, then contact local banks and ask for their commercial banker. Also, you can ask at local real estate meetups.
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 20 2023, 19:41
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:
Hi Corey,
Do you own the property and are looking for a line of credit? Talk to the commercial banker at the bank that has the mortgage on the property. If you are trying to purchase with a commercial loan, then contact local banks and ask for their commercial banker. Also, you can ask at local real estate meetups.

Thanks Benjamin,

I want a business loan, I found a deal on a property with good income cash flow. I just got some credit cards in my business name using my personal credit, I still have good credit but I think that i have to many Inquiries on my report. First deal and nervous. Will these inquiries stop me from getting a loan from a bank?

Corey 

User Stats

Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 22 2023, 05:15
Hi Corey,

I don’t own the property, I will give this a try, thanks so much.

Corey 

User Stats

Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 22 2023, 05:17
Hi Corey,
No, I don’t own the property, I will take your advice. Thanks for the information.

Corey

User Stats

Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 22 2023, 05:19
Hi Corey,
Thanks Benjamin,
I will try this today. Have a good week.

Corey 

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied May 24 2023, 08:11
Hi Corey,

Thanks Benjamin,

I want a business loan, I found a deal on a property with good income cash flow. I just got some credit cards in my business name using my personal credit, I still have good credit but I think that i have to many Inquiries on my report. First deal and nervous. Will these inquiries stop me from getting a loan from a bank?

Corey 

The inquiries do impact your credit score, but those alone are much less severe than if you have missed payments. The bank will likely have a credit score minimum that you will need to have but beyond that, they will be more interested in your personal financials and then the financials of the deal.

User Stats

Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 4 2023, 19:24
Hi Corey,

Thanks Benjamin,

Corey 

The inquiries do impact your credit score, but those alone are much less severe than if you have missed payments. The bank will likely have a credit score minimum that you will need to have but beyond that, they will be more interested in your personal financials and then the financials of the deal.

Thanks so much 

Corey 

User Stats

Votes
Corey Arnold
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 4 2023, 19:29
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

Post the terms you are looking for, for example we know lenders who lend on non owner occupied properties, must have 30% equity and rates start at 13% and 2 points

Do you have anything with no equity?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jun 4 2023, 19:34

@Corey Arnold

No, most people we work with require a good amount down.