New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Andy Tonya
Votes |
New to Investing We have purpose No plan Looking to connect in Rockford area

Andy Tonya
Posted Oct 11 2023, 05:20

Invested $10,000 in AirBNB. No Support and/or no experience either. Have equity available We just don't know how to connect with the right people or how to avoid mistakes. Need some mentoring and guidance. We will do the work. 

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Oct 12 2023, 07:32
Quote from @Andy Tonya:

Invested $10,000 in AirBNB. No Support and/or no experience either. Have equity available We just don't know how to connect with the right people or how to avoid mistakes. Need some mentoring and guidance. We will do the work. 

Hello Andy!

Did you invest in stock, an air bnb property, air bnb arbitrage business?...

How has air bnb worked out for you so far? Is this an investment strategy that you'd like to continue following or are you looking to explore other options?

If you're set on investing in Rockford, I'd recommend the following:

1. use the 'search' function to find topics, members and areas of interest . Get answers to your questions and find people using this function!

2. Set up keyword alerts (i.e. "rockford" "Illinois"; "investor") so that you can receive notifications once a topic or area of interest in mentioned in one of the forums. Its a great way to stay current!

3. Check out the Events tab at the top to find local and virtual meet ups. Grow your local network!

4. complete your BP profile - Include website links, social media handles, or other online profiles so that people can find you. Be as detailed and specific as possible when mentioning your future plans, current operation/experience level, ongoing projects, etc. This will help people connect with you after determining how their goals, services and resources align with yours.

All the best to you on your journey!

Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andy Tonya
Votes |
Replied Oct 12 2023, 10:32

We bought the training mentoring program and followed their direction in investing with their accountant and tax consultants and didn't need it yet and now we are left hanging with no properties and don't know where to go and not making any money 

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Sloane Kraftsow
  • Lender
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • New York, NY
Replied Oct 12 2023, 11:17

Welcome to BP! I would love to connect.

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Oct 13 2023, 06:37
Quote from @Andy Tonya:

We bought the training mentoring program and followed their direction in investing with their accountant and tax consultants and didn't need it yet and now we are left hanging with no properties and don't know where to go and not making any money 

Hello Andy,

Which mentoring program did you buy?

If I were you, I'd speak with a lender (if you are financing your next property) and find out what type of property you'd be eligible to purchase.

You can also connect with local investor-friendly Realtors who have access to properties, local market information and Real Estate contacts.

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Louis Reza
  • Investor
  • Rockford, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rockford, IL
Replied Jan 9 2024, 10:22

Hello Andy,

There is a Rockford Real Estate Investors Association that has helped me reach my goals. They have meetings the 2nd Monday of the month.Meetings are $20 a visit or $199.00 a year.  Reach out to them on FB and they can give you more info. Come as a visitor for the first meeting. Hope to see you there.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Holder
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 25 2024, 08:31

Hi Andy,

Louis is right! RREIA is a great resource. I am an agent and investor in the area if you'd like to connect.

Best, Thomas

User Stats

Votes
Logan Laperriere
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Jan 25 2024, 10:49
Quote from @Andy Tonya:

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the BP Forum! Are you currently looking for STR investment properties? I work with several out of state investors with there STR's. Michigan still has some great markets for STR investing. How is the market for STR's in Illinois?