New member interested in learning about investing in real estate from Rhode Island

10 Replies

Hi Guys,

My name is Anuj Sharma and currently living in Cumberland, Rhode Island. I migrated to US 10 years before and landed in SFO on Christmas 2003.I am full time software developer and do real estate on the side. I have invested in 3 condos in Rhode Island and 1 in California. Needless to say but kudos to Brandon and Josh for coming up with such a nice concept as BP.

I am looking forward to expand my knowledge about real estate investing. So far I have invested in condos only but looking forward to diversify into townhouses, duplexes, single-families, multi-families , land and commercial properties. In short, I am looking for any kind of real-estate investing as long as deal makes sense to me. That goes without saying that I have done some real estate mistakes in the past and would like to avoid them in future. Looking forward for learning cool real estate stuff from you cool folks.

Thanks,

@Sharad M.

Thanks a lot. I agree with you that there is no better place than BP.

At the moment I am not part of any local REIA in RI. I just have followed them on linkedin one of the RI associations and they are not much active. Thanks for the suggestion and please let me know if you can guide me in this direction.

Regards,

Promotion
Speed To Lead
Buy hot seller leads w/o subscription
Buy daily seller leads that are actually ready to sell
Finally there's a place where you can buy leads that asked for urgent help selling their house

@Anuj Sharma

Welcome. Providence REIA is very good and active. There are a number of good ones in MA.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 50 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Good luck

Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you