newbie from singapore

7 Replies

Hi Everyone,

my name is jerry and i am from singapore. I am currently working in the telecommunications industry and have zero experience in real estate investment. Currently i am looking at philippines market as a start. hope to meet more experts in giving me pointers for real estate investment.

Cheerios. :)

@Jerry Shen Welcome to BP! I don't know anything about property out of the U.S., but wanted to say hi. You might try setting up keyword alerts, it's under the yellow bar at the top right of the page,then you will be notified if any of the keywords are being discussed. You might also do a search of Philippines, etc. and read the blogs, listen to podcasts, etc. that come up.

Have fun!

Hey @Jerry Shen Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have people all over the world here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts

Thanks again for introducing yourself!

@Jerry Shen

Welcome! I actually coached a gal from Singapore once. But, she was flipping houses virtually in the U.S. Think it's going to be hard for anyone here to advise you on flipping houses outside the U.S. and possibly Canada. But, if you hit me up privately, I will pass my Singapore student's contact info to you. I believe she is an investor in Philippines, as well.

Welcome to the site @Jerry Shen ! Glad to have you here all the way from Singapore. I don't know much about Philippines except for the fact the luxury condo high rises are very "IN" right now. I'm not sure how they hold up as solid cash flow investments though.

@Andrew Massaro

it will be great if i can know the girl you mentored. Really interested in learning more. If she's fine with it can i have her contact please?

Thanks alot! :)

Hello Jerry. You came to the right place! I’m a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you’ll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:

Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the ‘vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you