Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes

I am back to settle a score with flipping properties

Francis Philbert
Posted Feb 17 2024, 14:49

I started flipping new houses in 2003 in New Jersey and then Florida. I was then settling down so my wife and I bought 7 homes and started a vacation home rental business. The crash of 2008 did a number on us and we lost all the homes plus my home inspection business. Today I am back to settle a score with the industry. I am here fixing and flipping properties in Tampa Florida. I need all the help that I can get especially funding. I have very little capital so if you can help me get started we can become long term partners and family. Thanks in advance. God Bless You. Pastor Francis Philbert  

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Vazquez
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Feb 17 2024, 19:49

My friend, I understand how you feel. I too have faced difficulties in the past. In 2007, I lost 22 homes and had over half a million dollars in personal loans. Initially, I blamed myself but then I decided to reinvent my approach entirely. I learned from my mistakes, stopped overspending, lived within my means, and paid everyone I owed money back. At one point, I almost gave up, but now, 15 years later, I can proudly say that I have made a strong comeback. I have twice as many properties and significantly more in reserves. My journey has been a testament to resilience. The experiences of 2007 taught me a harsh lesson that has prepared me for success. The key takeaway from my experience is to never give up. Like NYC, we're resilient by nature. Remember, the hardships of 2007 weren't the end but a lesson that has prepared us for success. Keep pushing forward, my friend - you're going to be fine.

• Broker Florida (#SL3334101)

Graystone Investment Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
John Karg
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Feb 18 2024, 09:48

Welcome Francis! Best of luck on your journey.

John

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes