Allen Barton
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
New Member Introduction, Phoenix Arizona

Allen Barton
  • Tempe, AZ
Posted Apr 24 2014, 19:44

Hello All,

After running my own business services firm in Tempe for the last five years, we finally brought in a team of younger (and, admittedly, smarter) executives to run the day to day operations, so that has now become a passive investment for me. I specialize in sales and business development and provide those services to a local CPA firm with a huge national presence. However, that position affords me a very flexible schedule, and having grown up in Scottsdale, real estate investing has always been on the radar. So I am ready to take the plunge.

My initial goals are: 1) To learn as much about my local market(s) as possible; 2) through educating myself, to determine what "niche" in real estate is right for me (I am currently reading a book on wholesaling); 3) to proactively network and meet as many real estate investors and professionals as possible. Having read several of the boards here on BP, I have seen that going to local REIA meeting is highly suggested, so I am attending the AZREIA - Phoenix meeting on 5/12.

Given that I am new to the industry, I would love as many suggestions about my three initial goals I outlined above and how to best accomplish them. Any other information you feel would be helpful would also be greatly appreciated.

I want to thank you all in advance. From the posts I have already read, and the positive attitudes I have seen, I am extremely happy to have found this resource.

Best,

Allen Barton

Loading replies...