• Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Jason From Minnesota

Jason M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Jun 27 2014, 06:03

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason and I live in Woodbury MN a suburb of the Twin Cities. I've been lurking on bigger pockets for awhile now and finally decided to come out of the shadows.

I have been investing in real estate since 2003. I got caught up in the low money/no money down, ARMS, 80/20, interest only loan craze from 2003-2006 and acquired 13 single family homes in and around the Twin Cities suburbs. My rational was to buy anything that looked decent even if there was little cash-flow as long term appreciation would save me!!! I was able the cash flow most of these homes up until the market started to turn in 2006-2007. At that point I stopped buying homes and went into a kind of hibernation mode as the property values tanked and desperately just trying to keep everything afloat.

Fast forward to today. The past 7 years has been a wild ride but I was able to work my through some difficult years. I still own 9 rental homes all that cash-flow around 400/mo. I have been updating many of the homes as I turn tenants and that keeps the rents and tenant quality high. Now that the market has turned up a bit I find myself with a decent amount of equity (Been paying off those first few houses for 10+ years now) and some cash in the bank.

All that being said I am re-energized to get back into real estate investing. I am a licensed Realtor and looking to start flipping a few homes a year and slowly add to my rental portfolio. I'm all about cash-flow these days. I am excited about Bigger Pockets and the wealth of information here. I have listened to about 30 podcasts and loving it! Thanks for letting me share and I look forward to meeting many of you.

Loading replies...