• Property Manager
  • Brigham City, UT
Votes |
A Green Investor

Jordan Lee
  • Property Manager
  • Brigham City, UT
Posted Aug 19 2014, 22:35

My name is Jordan Lee. I first caught onto Bigger Pockets through the podcast. Thanks Josh and Branden and all the guests that have been on so far. I often find myself with a huge grin laughing to myself as I drive down the road. The people next to me probably think I am crazy, but I love and appreciate all that I have been able to learn from the podcast.  Let me start with a quick introduction. I live with my wife in the northern Salt Lake City Utah area. I am 23 years old and in love with real estate. I have yet to be able to purchase my first property but am very excited for the day that I am able to. My main dream and goal however is to one day (sooner than later) own and run my own property management company. I have always been interested in this area and after listening to hours and hours of the Bigger Pockets podcast and hearing investor after investor complain about their property management company I feel that this could be a suitable carer. I am currently finishing my associates degree at Utah State University GO AGGIES!! and am planning to attend Weber Tech to obtain my real estate licence at the end of this year.

My understanding is that I do not need any credentials to manage other peoples property in Utah as long as I am employed or associated with a broker. Is this correct? Like I said though I would like to be able to have and run my own company. So my question is how do I get my brokers licence in Utah, and is it truly necessary to be able to run my own company in Utah? The information in this area is a little grey on all of the sights I have looked at. It appears to me that it is required and that it takes three years of experience after getting a real estate licence and is accompanied by a test. However I was not able to locate anywhere that it says what three years of experience is, or how to apply for and receive the licence. 

All of your vast knowledge and expertise would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Jordan Lee 

Loading replies...