• San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Introduction and Seeking Advice

Logan Williams
  • Real Estate Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Dec 4 2014, 20:28

Good evening BP!

My name is Logan and although I have browsed the site for the past several months, this will be my first post. I'd like to quickly cover two topics, all input is GREATLY appreciated.

Introduction

• Graduated in 2013 from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (in California) with a degree in construction management and a minor in real estate development. 
  • Prior to college I knew I wanted to do something involving real estate investing and figured the former combination would be a good foundation. 
  • Since August of 2013 I have worked for a very active nationwide multifamily developer in project management. We are building a 284 unit mixed use complex in downtown Los Angeles.
  • The experience has been fantastic but I am looking to end the 6:30 to 6:30 work grind in favor of some freedom.
  • Please feel free to connect on here and on Linkedin!

My Predicament

• I live in markets with pretty high barriers to entry (grew up in SF bay area and now living in LA) and have found it hard to land that first deal.
  • I'd like to learn from experienced investors but also need an income.
  • From what I've read, a common complaint among fix and flip / fix and hold investors is the difficulty in dealing with contractors.
  • With my background I believe I can provide value to investors looking for someone to manage their projects.

Advice I'm Seeking

• I am toying with the idea of quitting my day job to start a business that provides project management services tailored to investors. 
  • I believe that, like anything, with the right marketing and connections I can make a go of it. My fees would be very low because, at 23 and with few responsibilities, I can live cheaply. As I gained momentum and experience this would change.
  • I do have a decent amount of capital saved up and once I get a hang of things I would look to partner in deals.
  • At the same time I would be learning the ropes while still utilizing my background.
  • To some of the experienced rehabbers here - do you think there is enough of a market for this? The main areas I would be looking to work are Reno, NV and the San Francisco bay area.

Thanks guys!

Logan

Loading replies...