Newbie wholesaler in Poconos, PA

5 Replies

Hell out there! I am an advertising/web business owner and single mom looking to establish additional cash flow and transition into full-time investing within the next couple years. My target area is Pocono and surrounding communities in Northeast PA because 1) it's local and I know the hot spots, 2) I have experience buying my own homes at retail and short sale and 3) there is a ton of rehab and landlord potential here (including student housing and vacation rentals). I'm focusing on single- and multi-family homes in probate and pre-foreclosure as well as those owned by out-of-staters.

I've had multiple Century 21 groups as clients so am quite experienced in real estate and vacation rental marketing. I have yet to do any investing of my own but have partnered up with a great realtor as well as an experienced rehab flipper/landlord investor to mentor me as well as help them facilitate and partner deals.

I have spent the last year doing research, going to tax sales, real estate auctions and REI meetings to get my feet wet and build a strong network. I'm now spending a lot of time on BP checking out all the articles and tools. Apparently I now have some recommended books to read too! Finding a lot of great tools and incentives here, that's for sure.

Thanks for checking out my intro and now...enjoy the weekend. Between deals of course!

Welcome to the BP family. If you review the tool bar you will find a lot of valuable information that is available; and of course the web casts are also valuable tools.  There appears  to be a flurry of interest in the Pocono's of late.  Perhaps Kalahari knows what there doing.  Again, welcome to BP.

Hi John, speaking of Kalahari….theres some homes available in Pocono Summit Ive had my eye on. I looked at 3, but 2 were backed up to 380 and the other, on Cobblewood, had some water issues and mold in the basement that I wasn't interested in. I really see the prices going up here, it seems even the foreclosures are closing higher lately. Do you think Kalahari is going to increase the values around it? 

Promotion
Speed To Lead
Buy hot seller leads w/o subscription
Buy daily seller leads that are actually ready to sell
Finally there's a place where you can buy leads that asked for urgent help selling their house

Thanks for touching base John! Interesting that Brian noticed foreclosure values increasing near the resort. I think Kalahari will increase property values so seems like a good time to invest there. The resorts local to me are old yet still the property values within those communities are much higher than just a couple miles away. Unfortunately taxes are double or triple near the resorts, though my home is comparable and in the same county/township. I think Kalahari area would be a good area for vacation rental investments too!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you