New! From beautiful Lake Tahoe, California / Nevada

7 Replies

I'm excited to have found the BP web site. I've been researching Real Estate investing a lot over the last couple weeks and am very motivated to jump in and work hard to get my business going. 

Originally my fiancé and I are interested in flipping/ renovating houses, but I'd like to learn more about wholesaling and lease options as well. We don't have a lot of money to get it started, but we have plenty of drive!

Any input on what you'd recommend for a first transaction? Thanks!

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Ferrell Hapgood  , thanks so much for introducing yourself to the community! I really like that you and your fiance are on the same page when it comes to investing. Working as a team is so powerful! Before a first transaction, I would definitely recommend learning about the characteristics of a GOOD and profitable flip deal. This will help with wholesaling and flipping.

If you haven't already, check out The Book On Flipping Houses. This will go into very fine detail about the whole process. Hope that helps!

See you around the site!

Promotion
Ashcroft Capital
A national multifamily investment firm
Three Reasons Investors May Prefer Real Estate
Read three reasons why investing in real estate private placements may provide several advantages.
Read More Here

Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Ferrell Hapgood  ! Wholesaling is a great starting point with low money bro, just remember this one piece of advice...

Stay focused on one niche only!!! Its going to be tempting at time to learn about whatever else, but it won't get you anywhere but lost in the sauce man. 

Best of luck to you on your endeavor. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you