• Real Estate Investor
  • Morgantown, WV
Votes |
New Member from WV

Bryan Stealey
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Morgantown, WV
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

Hello to all! My name is Bryan Stealey and I'm part-owner of a company called Pastime Properties. While I live in Morgantown, WV, my brother and partner is out of Charlotte. We purchase vacant resort lots directly from owners, mainly in NC and VA, and then try to sell them on the open market. We're pretty picky about the lots we buy, and everything we're currently holding is either on a public sewage system or we have a current septic permit on file.

We had a great year in 2006, as we were able to sell many of the lots we had purchased through a couple of motivated local real-estate agents. We also sold a couple of our lower-end lots on eBay.

But 2007 was much slower for us, as I'm sure some of you experienced as well. Now we're interested in trying to sell a few of our properties at significantly discounted prices, as our model doesn't really include buying and holding lots for extended periods of time.

So I'm trying to build an investor list of people who are interested in hearing about these lots as we discount them. I found this site, and as I'm pretty familiar with social networking in other contexts, I thought I would try joining the community to see if I can learn some good ways to build our database. (It's funny, many of the posts I've read here are by people trying to find out how to get leads, and I'm trying to find people looking for leads.) I'm going to spend a little time getting more used to the site and its etiquette before I make any further posts or invite members to be "friends" on my profile. For now I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Loading replies...