Votes
Gary Waldron
  • Tacoma, WA
Votes |
Ready for the leap from Tacoma, Wa in the Great Pacific Northwest

Gary Waldron
  • Tacoma, WA
Posted Mar 3 2015, 09:07

As the title states above, I am ready to take the leap into the Real Estate Investing world. I just finished the "The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing" book and saw Brandon's webinar last week on how to earn 1 million in ten years, and man am I pumped ("\(>.<)/"). I am very excited to have the opportunity to learn every single day on a subject I feel invested in literally. One of the biggest key traits about this field that I love is that the people who strive in this field plan and "take action". That runs true for me as well, because I did that very same thing in my current career. I work for a parking company and manage all of the City of Tacoma's parking assets. I started my career five years ago as a regular valet and slowly worked my way up the food chain. I went from valet to lead valet to Auditor to where I am now as an Operations Manager. With that being said, I still felt like I was missing something. I knew that what I am doing won't give me that financial freedom I so crave for my wife and I. Family is really important to me and I have to work long hours with my phone running off the hook all day every day. My thinking is that if I am working this hard, I should be working this hard at creating my own business/ brand steadily increasing my networth. Financial freedom is what you make of it for yourself, so I said "Hey what am I going to do to reach that goal?" I got started on this path of real estate through a YouTube video that a Real Estate guru posted about a class he guest spoke at about getting property "creatively". That hour and a half long video got me hooked. I was sold and told myself then and there that I wanted in. I saw this as the vehicle I would use to reach financial freedom. Before I went further I visited the guru's website and did some due diligence trying to see if his "apprenticeship program" really worked. That is when I fell into the Biggerpockets website! I am so happy that I found this website that is not only very informative, but is filled with genuinely nice and caring people trying to bring up the masses in all things REI. All it took was to read a couple of post to decide that the guru was not for me and that Biggerpockets forum was to be my new adopted home. I am here to shout from the hilltops to announce my arrival and be transparent and humble towards the knowledge and education I wish to learn. I have done forum websites (related to my vehicle maintenance) and I will say that I have never been as excited as I am today about the keys under my fingertips which can lead me down an infinite number of paths for professional growth. My current goals or topics for research are the buy and hold technique and wholesaling. I am just starting out, so I am trying to learn all I can about creating an LLC before I try to buy my first property. I plan on moving into this new property and being a serial purchaser/ mover (sorry if that is not the correct term). I plan on utlitlzing the skills I have refined as an Operations Manager in my investment dealings, and hope that I can minimize the "hard" learning lessons along the way to increasing my networth. I want to be a full time Real Estate Investor by close of CY 2015 and plan on "being about that action boss" – Marshawn Lynch reference for the Hawks fans out there. Thank you for your time today and I look towards the horizon at the bright and expansive future I see for myself now.

Loading replies...