• Real Estate Investor
  • Monument, CO
Votes |
New Investor, Trying to Learn More

Steve Scherrer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monument, CO
Posted Mar 5 2015, 19:56

Hi everyone.  I am a somewhat newbie real estate investor, and this is my first post.

I currently have one rental property, and am beginning to think that I would like to expand the number of rental properties I own and manage.  I'm mostly a DIY type, at least when it comes to the business of managing the rental itself.  I'm OK with doing minor repairs and maintenance, but will hire contractors for any kind of significant work.  The rental is a condo that I used to live in.  After getting married and with our first child on the way, we wanted the home with a yard, family friendly neighborhood, etc., and so we kept and rented the condo while also buying a new house.  I have been fortunate to have a wonderful tenant who takes great care of the place and pays her rent on time every month.  We signed a two year lease last August.

I'm reading the book recommended here ("The Book on Investing in Real Estate..."), and trying to learn as much as I can from the blog, forum etc.  I feel like I'm still too new to even know what questions I have.

If anyone has any newbie insight or advice, I would love to hear it.  No amount of information is too much, and all details are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Loading replies...