Danielle Cage
  • Aurora, IL
Votes |
Hello from the Western suburbs of Chicago

Danielle Cage
  • Aurora, IL
Posted Mar 29 2015, 18:31

Hey,

I'm just taking a few moment to introduce myself and say hi to the Bigger Pockets community! I am not new to the site, unfortunately haven't been here in over 5 years and seem to have "misplaced" my account! I previously set up a business geared towards Short Sales. (My interest is now in Flipping.) I spent day and night on this site gaining as much info as possible and once I had all of the pieces in place, I froze. Some call it "analysis paralysis". I call it fear.

Now that I'm a little bit older, with a little more life experience, I see things far differently. It's time to spend my life's energy working to build my own business. I love everything about REI. I see it as the path for me to create something positive in my life and something that will allow me to spend my time how I choose... because that's one of the most valuable things we have: time.

My plan is to be able to work part-time with my currently employer within a year and full time as an REI within another year.

Currently all of my focus is on rehabbing and flipping SFH using Private / Hard Money. I am located on the Naperville / Aurora border which is roughly 35 miles straight west outside of Chicago.

I'm in the process of setting up my company, which includes but is not limited to:

• Locating HMLs
  • Choosing my main farm area
  • Connecting with wholesalers, lawyers, contractors and REI friendly Realtors
  • Creating a solid marketing plan
  • Locating local REI meetings
  • Putting together an LLC

Aside from all of that, I'm reading, reading, reading! Soon I'll start asking questions here. I've found no better REI community on the planet. Please feel free to say hello, comment or make any suggestions now or on any future post.

Best wishes,
Danielle

Loading replies...