Newbie from California investing in Ohio

33 Replies

Hi! I'm a newbie from Los Angeles with two rental properties in Northeast Ohio. I just discovered BP and am hooked! Currently, I'm looking for deals in the Cleveland area and to take in as much knowledge from BP as I can! 

Welcome Carrie, this site rocks! I am weak on the finance investing side so I start educating myself from the site, slowly but surely, I am getting them.

Welcome to the site Carrie. Great choice picking NEO. What parts of NEO are you investing in?

@Carrie Giordano welcome to the site. There are tons of references for you here. There is also an LA meetup this weekend. Send me a message if you'd like details.

@Carrie Giordano

Welcome to BP. Feel free to reach out with any questions about NEO. Have a lot of contacts I can share if that is helpful.  

Carrie,

Welcome to the site, there are lots of members willing to support any Q&A's you may have. Let me know what areas you are interested in and maybe I can help.

Raul.

Hi Carrie!

Welcome to the site. I am originally from California as well, but have lived in Ohio for the last 12 years and have invested for the last few years. It is a great time to invest in NEO. PM if you'd like to chat about it - there is a lot of great information out there, would love to help you out if you need it.

Nada

@James Wise thanks James! Currently, I'm invested in Lake County (Mentor, Willowick,) these are the areas I'm most familiar. I would probably like to stick to those areas but would consider Lakewood, Tremont or Cleveland City. Do you do much on the eastside?

@Jon Huber Thanks Jon! I can't make it this weekend but I'm definitely interested in future meet ups. Do you invest locally?

@Isaac Rowe thank you! Do you have any property manager & General contractor recommendations for the eastside? 

Hi, I am from north California. I am looking for potential rental properties too.

Hi Carrie

Welcome to BP you will love it the more time you spend on the site.

I'm also from So Cal, in the Long Beach area. I look forward to catching up with you around the boards.

@Carrie Giordano I purchased my primary in Mar Vista and my other properties out of state.

Welcome to BP.  There is much to learn here and many good contacts.  This place can definitely help make your dreams come true.  Wishing you the best in all your investing.

Carrie, the majority of my own personal properties are in Parma, Ohio - I have a couple in Cleveland Heights as well. 

Originally posted by @Sharon Ku :

Hi, I am from north California. I am looking for potential rental properties too.

Sharon, welcome, message me if you would like to talk more about investing in Ohio, I would love to talk more about it, it is my personal passion.

Originally posted by @Carrie Giordano :

@James Wise thanks James! Currently, I'm invested in Lake County (Mentor, Willowick,) these are the areas I'm most familiar. I would probably like to stick to those areas but would consider Lakewood, Tremont or Cleveland City. Do you do much on the eastside?

One of our agents lives in lake county. As for the rental portfolio we are almost exclusively on the west side. Mostly the Old Brooklyn & West Park areas of Cleveland & then we work the surrounding suburbs mostly Parma, Brooklyn & Brookpark.

I am relatively new on here as well but wanted to say welcome as well. I live in lake county (Eastlake) and have had my realtor show me several currently active listings throughout Willoughby, Willowick, and Wickliffe. It is a great area that is far enough east to escape the negatives of east Cleveland. I have primarily looked at listings sub-75k but if I can help in any way with your research let me know!

Welcome to BP! Thats very nice that you are investing out of state. How has it been managing there?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here