• Real Estate Agent
  • Belvidere, IL
Votes |
Second time newbie I guess?

Carrie Herrmann
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Belvidere, IL
Posted May 26 2015, 19:57

It has been about a year since I've been on here.  Have had so much going on!  GOOD AND BAD!!!  Let me start off by saying I now have time to be on here because I just recently quit my day job as a personal banker (I did love that job).  However, my husband (one of the things going on was a wedding!) said, "if you don't quit your job, I will."  I'm not sure how anyone else would feel if their significant other (and primary bread winner might I add) just gave them an ultimatum like this, but I felt sick when he said this to me!  See, we recently had a baby (her name is Penny and she is super cute!), and I hate to admit this, but it's true-our daughter was spending more time with her grandparents who watch her during the day, than with her ACTUAL parents.  I worked at a credit union, and it was an instore branch inside of a walmart, so there was extended hours.  And as for my husband, he works for a company that has him driving all over to service gas stations, and on top of that, he's a volunteer firefighter, and also has his real estate license in IL.  Basically, we had to get our priorities strait.  I've had my real estate license for about a year now, but have only done a couple of transactions with it.  But when he dropped this bomb on me, I thought that I should probably dig deeper and start getting more into it.  He really believes that we will make money there, and it'll be a fun journey for us as well.  So, I have more time with the baby, but I still go to the office every day and try to make my life as normal as possible, or I guess as close to what I'm used to as possible.  I've have been making calls like nobody's business, and my phone has been attached to a charger or my ear every since.  I do love this new plan I have.  Anyway, LONG STORY KINDA SHORT, I'm sure my husband really wished he was the one to quit his job, because he really is the one that makes things happen, and he is dying to do things like flipping, and acquiring more property.  See, we have this 4 plex that has been like a building from hell...  I have posted it a couple of times (he knows this one was a bad idea (if your reading this hunny, I know you know :) )).  It's current status is this: it is half rented.  One of the tenants is completely perfect, and the other set of tenants (family), usually pay their rent on time but NEVER pay us for the utilities on time.  My husband ended up putting the utilities in his name because there was some sort of issue with them putting the utilities into their own name.  BIG MISTAKE.  The other two units are in desperate need of renovation, and we are in desperate need to make that happen, as soon as we get some cash flowing.  Late last year we finally evicted that tenant that would never pay, and would do crazy things like release mice into the building, and have crazy parties and scare our other tenants.  Boy, did she leave a mess for us to clean up.  It's still waiting for us....  Sorry for such the long story, but I've been dying to get back on here.  Every morning I get on the stair stepper and do my weights and I put on the podcasts.  I believe I'm on 34 now...  I'm moving right along!  I've come across a few random things while showing houses and dealing with clients.  It keeps things interesting, that's for sure!  I'm hoping we can sell our primary residence sooner or later, and get rid of some debt so we can try to get more property, or do a flip or something.    Anyway, I hope to be chatting with you all really soon!

Loading replies...