New from Rancho Cucamonga, California

14 Replies

Hi everyone,

My name is Earl Melendres from Rancho Cucamonga, CA and I'm new to this Business and website. I hope everyone is doing well. I've listened to at least 10+ podcast(it helps with the commute from home to office and back) and have been reading the Forums and Marketplace(on stealth mode). 

I have a full time job and I wanted to start on acquiring our first rental property. I have a great wife who is on board with me on this plan. We have equity on our primary residence and we plan to cash out(through refinancing) and use this as a downpayment for our first rental. Our mindset is to buy & hold.  We have contacted 2 lenders and submitted our papers. We also have contacted 1 realtor and she has been very helpful in giving us some listings in our price range. 

So yeah, wish us luck and everyone have a great day!

Thank you Josh and Brandon for the making the podcast very interesting!

Earl Melendres

Welcome out of stealth mode, Earl! Glad to have you here. Good luck on the new venture; it's a great thing to have a supportive partner, believe me. Sounds like you're on to a solid start, just be sure to keep reading and learning and ask as many questions here as you can.

Welcome Earl! I'm not too far from you right now...I'm with my mom out in the Redlands. What area are you looking to buy in? Sounds like you are onto a good start!

Oh wow, you're close to me and Hi to you, by the way! I'm still in the begging steps but I'm looking more in the area close to where I live(Inland Empire, Redlands included) I'm also looking at Foothill Ranch and Mission Viejo area, if I'm lucky. Once I get approved with the loan and get my cash out from refi, then I'll probably have a better picture of what me and my wife want to get.

Thanks for welcoming me,

Earl

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the welcome! Yup, we're right next door to each other and you know well that great minds think alike as evidence of us being on this site!

All the best on your ventures!

-Earl

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the welcome! I'd be happy to share my experiences in Socal once I'm up and running. I'm hoping my 1st rental property would be good at the very least. I'll keep the forum updated.

-Earl

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you