New Investor in Cumberland, RI

6 Replies

Good Morning BP,

My name is Nate Bowser, and I stumbled across the site after some time in researching my options at getting into real estate investing.  I live in Cumberland, RI with my wife and son, and my day job is Network Engineering.  I have an undergraduate degree in Economics and I am nearly done with a Masters in Operations Management.

For goals, I want to build a portfolio of investments that will one day help me retire early, as well as provide a great source of income when I am retired.  I have a 401K that is working beautifully, but once you start drawing from that you are giving yourself a deadline to being broke.

I am still learning, and I want to get started on my first deal soon, but I also would like to get into medium apartment buildings, as in 10+ units.  I don't feel that I will be looking into single-families currently, but if there is one thing I have learned through life, flexibility provides the greatest opportunity.

Best of luck to all of you as we go down this road together.

Nate, welcome to the site. I am also based in Rhode Island and also skipped single family homes to focus only on multi-family.

There is a real good investors group in Rhode Island (search for RIREIG in google) that you will find very helpful as you proceed. 

Good luck

Originally posted by @Fred Grant:

Nate, welcome to the site. I am also based in Rhode Island and also skipped single family homes to focus only on multi-family.

There is a real good investors group in Rhode Island (search for RIREIG in google) that you will find very helpful as you proceed. 

Good luck

Good Morning Fred, and thank you for the tip.  I have visited the group last month, and am looking forward to joining them again this month.  Are you a member?

Originally posted by @James Wise:

@Nate Bowser

Welcome to the site.

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck to you.

Thank you James.  I am looking forward to learning from the many users on here.

Best of luck to you as well.

Make it a Great Day!

Nate

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you