Wholesaling tips?

6 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to Bigger Pockets and I'm focusing on wholesaling to kick off my career in real estate investing. I've been doing tons of research and studying on the subject and I feel as if I'm ready to start right away. Although there is a few things I'm still unsure of as far as how to close on deals correctly and things such as that. I may definitely have an opportunity to move to Florida for a while with a friend, I think somewhere near Miami or Orlando. I hear real estate opportunities are abundant in Florida so I think this will be a great place to begin my journey as an investor! If you have any tips on getting started with wholesaling and would like to collaborate with me I'd be beyond ecstatic to create a friendship/partnership with you! Looking forward to hearing from you all! Thanks!

Welcome to BP @Pete McGarity . Congrats on getting into real estate investing.

I am an investor and real estate agent in the Orlando area who would be happy to connect with you and answer any questions that you may have about the Orlando market.

For wholesaling in Florida:

• Find a good title company that understands wholesale flips.
  • Get a copy of the Far Bar As Is contract and become familiar with it. You may use your own paperwork most of the time but there are always cases where using the state contract, if not required, is the path of least resistance.
  • Both Miami and Orlando have local REIA groups. The meetings are a great place to go to find buyers and learn more about the craft.

All the best to you!

Welcome! I am local to South FL, please feel free to reach out if you have questions. I will be happy to share all that I know, and if I don't know I will do my best to find answers. Meanwhile search around within the site... the content on BP is priceless believe me.  

I recommend connecting with @Andrew Davis , he is in the Orlando area and has been a huge help to me thus far. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you