Back in the saddle, North East Ohio

7 Replies

Hello,

After a few years of improving my credit after a divorce I'm ready to get back in the saddle with Real Estate investing.  In the past I have owned two single family rentals and a commercial property with six buildings on it.  I'm starting over with RE out here in the Youngstown, Ohio area with the objective to network with like-minded, hard working folks who are passionate about putting together win-win deals in Real Estate. 

After being on the sidelines for a few years, I'm eager to build a strong team that I can count on and who can count on me, to achieve our goals. I have some RE investing and renovation experience, and my friends and family members have been steadily investing in RE for a while now, but I'm the first to admit I have a lot to learn.  I would like to network with or build a team who can acquire small apartment buildings, buy and hold rentals, and do a few single family fix n' flips each year in the North East Ohio area.

I have decent income and employment history, decent credit, very low DTI, and would be more than willing to help with your company's IT needs while we work together on deals. If I can be a strength to your investing goals and you're looking to connect with people that have a can-do attitude, lets do lunch or shoot the breeze and see if there's something we can work on together.

Thanks!
Tom

Girard, OH

Welcome to BP!

It sounds like you have some good experience owning property in the past with the 2 SFH and commercial buildings.

Being in SoCal I always feel a little envious of investors in states like Ohio as they are actually able to buy properties and cash flow. I'm sure you'll find lot's of other investors from your area on here. 

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome Joseph M. I'm originally from Queens, NY and lived in New Jersey for a long time (Jersey is where I was investing) and the numbers out here are a refreshing and stark contrast. The commercial property was 935k and we purchased it with a 4-partner LLC. I am looking forward to simpler deals with less risk.

Thanks again, and good luck to you as well!

Thanks @Brandon Turner !  I enjoyed your podcast on team building and have begun to connect with new colleagues and post in the forums.  I'm still new and exploring this site.  The amount of info on biggerpockets.com is just amazing and the network of people is incredible!

Thanks for the warm welcome and guidance!

Tom

Hey Everyone!

I am also new to BP, looking at selling some of our assets and partnering with individuals in the process. Currently own 28 properties in the Mahoning Valley. Let me know if anyone is interested in continuing the conversation.

Thanks,

Jim B. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you