Commercial Real Estate Investing in Northern NJ

1 Reply

Hey Everyone,

I'm in my thirties and run my deceased father's 5 unit, 1 store commercial property in North Jersey for my mother, who's currently the owner. It's been valued at 700k 2 years ago. The property itself pays off itself after mortgage, taxes, insurance, sewer, and water - and leaves some to reinvest. I would like to purchase another commercial property under the current licensed corporation that this property is currently under but in a better town. 

My question to you is how can I get a loan out of this property that we run now? Do I take an equity loan? Our goal would be to have enough commercial real estate eventually that would be some what of a good passive income generating corporation.

If you need more info, please don't hesitate to ask. If you can point out to any other resources, links, videos with good tips on reaching this goal of ours - it's very welcomed. Thanks.

Bill 

Welcome to the site @Bill Joseph , Im not sure what the answer is. I would start by contacting the mortgage holder of your current property and discuss your plans. Next, I would reach out to some local banks in your area. Lastly, try to network with some lenders here on BP. 

Try these and see if you get anywhere. Be sure to let us know how you do!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you