Want to learn about real estate investing in LA, CA

2 Replies

Hello my name is Nicolette Janssen,

My husband and  I attended a 3 day class from Fortune Builders about real estate investing. It was really good. Their mastery class is fro 20K to $34,000 a year for coaching. we will not invest that money right now into that program.

I would rather put that money down on my second home and rehab another home.

I restored a craftsman house in LA in 2002 with a renovation loan with a bank. It went well. but is was hard!!!!!

I still own it.

I understand that real estate and real estate investing is the way to financial freedom when applied properly and diligently.

I am very excited to learn about Real estate and real estate investing as a business.

What is a good school to learn Real estate and real estate investing in  the Los Angeles area?

preferably mostly Online.

Thank you!!!

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Nicolette.   Good decision on not going forward on the "mastery" class.   BP is the best real estate investing "school".  When I got serious about investing several years ago, I planned to read 10 books on the subject in a six-month period. About halfway through reading the books, I discovered BiggerPockets. I stopped reading the books, and spent many hours here, and learned more quickly and more appropriately.

I really like the weekly podcasts. At this point there are 135 of them. Start listening and try to finish them all in some reasonable period of time.   I suspect you will learn more doing that than going through a year of Fortune Builders. 

Also read the forums,  go back through the archives, spend time in the subjects that interest you, and  post your own questions. 

When you engage here you'll also form relationships that you'll learn from, and meet people you may eventually partner with.  I can't say enough good things about my experience here at BP.  Engage and prosper!

Hi @Nicolette Janssen

welcome to BP!Start here. You'll get a wealth of REI knowledge and learn how to take full advantage of Bigger Pockets,Listen to the podcasts , get active on the forums & set up key word alerts to be notified when people are discussing topics you're interested in.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you