Home Inspector / New Investor - Slidell, Louisiana

6 Replies

Greetings,

I am a licensed home inspector in the State of Louisiana, and would like to explore the possibility of investing in real estate.  I've been inspecting for 20+ years, owned one owner occupied duplex, but have limited knowledge in the area of contracts, lease agreements, financing, and the many skills it takes to be a successful real estate investor.  My reason for investigating this field is that after helping my oldest daughter graduate with a degree in architecture, and a teenage daughter getting ready to follow her dreams, it would be nice to develop an additional income stream.  

As a retired professional fireman hard work has never been something I've shied away from, but rather something that is expected and celebrated.  I have been listening to several pod-cast, just started browsing the Bigger Pockets Site, and am very impressed by what I have seen and heard.  Using the resources provided I look forward to increasing my KSAs in real estate investing, meeting our family's needs, and adding value to those I meet in my journey.

Looking forward to the future,

Steve Carlson

You have come to the right place to learn and get connected Steven.  My husband and I are newbies as well.  We just made our first offer tonight.  It was very exciting!  We will see what happens while continuing to look for more deals.  Best to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you