New member from Hawaii

9 Replies

Aloha, my name is Earl Keaunui and I am new to this business. I have no experience whatsoever and have never owned any real estate. 

I have joined biggerpockets.com in order to learn more about  investing in rental properties. 

I've been working Security for a building in downtown Honolulu since 2008 and have watched people purchase units and convert them into rentals time and time again, and have witnessed how some of the smarter and more knowledgeable owners have generated wealth for themselves that appear to be both rewarding life-changing for them and their families. 

It is my hope that I will learn all about this particular niche inside and out and start creating the kind of life that my two wonderful children deserve.  

Aloha Earl - welcome to BP and real estate overall. It's a great step you've taken to start steering your own ship for yourself and for your children. While I no longer live in Hawaii, I still do most of my deals there (just closed out a Young St condo flip yesterday). It's a great place to be a real estate investor - opportunities are everywhere.

The best thing right now is to dig deep into the education and be sure to implement what you learn. Don't get paralyzed by the education to the point where you don't take action.... learn and implement, learn and implement. Build your castle brick by brick.

Best wishes,

Mike

Aloha Michael,

I'm very pleased to meet you, and thank you for your warm welcome! I am so excited about learning this business and what I need to do in order to be successful. Education truly is the key, and I will start right here on biggerpockets.com!

Congratulations with your condo flip on Young St, it is my hope to do such wonderful things like this and begin building my own castle very soon.

Mahalo,

Earl Keaunui    

Hey there@Earl Keaunui ,

Congratulations on becoming a member to Bigger Pockets!

This site has vast resources full of valuable learning info. Be sure to check out the podcasts, they are a great place to get started.

Looking forward to connecting with you through your Real Estate adventure!

-Kyle

Looks like we're in the same boat brother. Hoping to learn and implement all that I can to not just survive out here in Hawaii but provide my family a good life. Aloha!

Aloha Earl,

Welcome to BP. I just recently joined the community myself. Tons of great and useful information here. Continue to be a sponge and soak it all up! Best of luck on the journey my braddah.

Keone

Hey Earl,

Welcome! I am new to the BP community myself, and the world of real estate investing, but I have been working my butt off to get well first and start practicing what I have been learning! There is so much information here on BP. 

I believe Hawaii is an exciting and rewarding market. Let's get it! :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you