Newbie to Real Estate Investing in NYC

3 Replies

Hi everyone!  I am a first time homeowner living in the East Village of NYC and interested in starting a career in real estate investing and design.  I work in the tech industry by day, but my real passion is remodeling, real estate and design.  I have absolutely no idea how to get started in real estate, but am eager to learn from the community (and hopefully soon by experience!).  My ultimate goal would be to transition to a full time career in real estate investment and design in the next few years.  One area that I am really interested in is a little seaside town that stole my heart called Asbury Park, NJ.  Can't wait to get started!

Welcome! Gotta love Asbury Park, late 1800's victorian's, beautiful beaches, an free pizza at Johnny Mac's. Don't forget to set up you keyword alerts with "Asbury Park" (Thats actually what drew me here).

Good luck with you investing.

Welcome to BP! 

I recently joined the site and so far it has been an INCREDIBLE source of live information, deals, questions, concerns, etc. I am new to the NJ area and just googled Asbury Park, it looks like an awesome area near the shore. Hope to serve as a colleague and resource soon. Enjoy! PC

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you