Votes
Skyler Taylor
  • Overland Park, KS
Votes |
New member from greater Kansas city area

Skyler Taylor
  • Overland Park, KS
Posted Sep 30 2015, 16:12

Hello everyone. I am Skyler Taylor from Overland Park KS a suburb of the Kansas city area. I stumbled on bigger pockets back in February of 2014 when I was looking into how to do a 1031 exchange. I have been following the site since then. I love the podcasts and have benefited from the book recommendations and information on tenant screening.

I'm a small time investor. I made my first purchase back in 2009 when I bought a condo in Miami Beach at the height of the housing crash. I later purchased another condo in 2012 in the gas lamp district of downtown San Diego. After reading the BP site and other RealEstate books. I started focusing my efforts more on growth and using metrics (ROI, cap rates, etc) instead of just cash flow. Once I was focused I realized the market right in my back yard had better ROI and CAP then all the other areas I was looking to purchase in. Armed with the new insight and direction I then purchased a half duplex using the home path 10% down investor loan program.

Here recently I sold my condo in San Diego and used the proceeds to buy a fairly turnkey single family and a full duplex that required a lot of updating. I also obtained my KS Real Estate Licence during the process. All of this all happened over the summer of 2015.

After listening to the BP podcast with Grant Cardone (6 times) I have been obsessed with increasing revenue. I love his idea of not focusing on saving/penny pinching but putting all your efforts to growth. No one ever got rich by clipping coupons. So now I'm in the process of learning everything I can about multifamily commercial RealEstate. 

I have partnered with some friends and we are in the process of forming an LLC so that we can purchase a 10 to 15 unit multifamily in the greater Kansas city area late spring of 2016. I have a long way to go and a lot to learn but at the minimum I felt like it was time to network and contribute on the BP site.

Loading replies...