Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Tina Garcia
  • Student/Drug Dependency councelor
  • Clearlake, CA
Votes |
Adverse possession claims after being forced out of home.

Tina Garcia
  • Student/Drug Dependency councelor
  • Clearlake, CA
Posted Sep 30 2015, 19:35

I am a single female who recently moved into a home that had been vacant for a number of years. I did all my homework regarding ownership, heirs or wills that may have been deeded to a friend or distant relative upon original owners death. Nothing had been filed with probate nor did the assessor or records department have anything on file. I knew the next step was to inquire about the defaulted taxes to start the ball rolling. I had already established residency at this dwelling by improving the structure of the interior walls with new sheetrock and paneling as well as laying new carpet and linoleum. The yard was a mess before I had spent 2 days of weed eating, raking, & multiple dump runs. I installed new locks, had utilities turned on in my name, as well as bringing mine and my sons personal property over. 30 days later, I was greeted by police who told me I had to leave because there was someone who claimed to have inherited the property via a will. Although I knew this was bogus, the local pd did nothing to help except threaten me with arrest and told me that it was a civil matter. However, they were more than happy to accommodate this stranger every time he called for their assistance which made it obvious that I was clearly being discriminated against. Any info regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Forum in advance, Tina Napier- California

Loading replies...