Newbie from Bloomfield, NJ

4 Replies

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Heidi and I am completely new to real estate, as in I have ZERO experience :) 

I work in a real estate management company and I deal with various investors so I decided I would love to explore this field on my own. My husband is a Union Electrician and Realtor with Keller Williams so we are looking to become a team. I am mostly interested in flipping houses near my area and I am eagerly looking to learn the ropes! 

Hello Heidi,

Welcome to the Bigger Pockets Community!!  Your investment to join is a very wise choice. There is a ton of RE Investing information, blogs, podcasts, webinars, etc...  If it involves RE Investing you will find something or someone talking about it on here.  Since you are interested in flipping houses here are a couple suggestions for you. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings, REI Clubs, or social networking meetups these are great places to meet people like you to gather resources and info. Find them through Google and meetup.com

Check out these (2) Great reads, I think they are very informative J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook.

If you have any questions that maybe I can answer for you please connect with me on here using the private messaging.

Happy Investing & Good Luck to You Both,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you