• Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
New member in Scottsdale, AZ!

Ben Reichenberger
Pro Member
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Oct 9 2015, 17:34

Hello BP! 

My name is Ben Reichenberger, a Project Engineer for a commercial general contractor. After spending the first quarter-century of our lives in the Seattle, WA area, my wife and I have relocated this last week to Scottsdale, AZ, to experience life in a warmer climate! I have been a member of the BP community for almost two years, and have taken in more knowledge through the forums with keyword alerts, podcasts (particularly fond of Brie Schmidt's story), the Beginner's guide, and analytical tools than I could have ever imagined. Now that we have relocated, I decided it was time for me to become an active member of the community!

Our real estate plan is to start with multifamily properties through "house-hacking" for the first two years, then to continue to expand our multifamily portfolio while transitioning to occupying single-family homes to establish a vacation rental portfolio. We plan to self-manage and continue to grow our portfolio while working our current full-time positions until this business can support us full-time. The ultimate "end" goal for us is to create the financial freedom by our early 40's (about 15 years) to allow us to spend extended summer vacations with our east and west coast families.

I am a bit of an Excel geek, and have spent countless hours analyzing both multifamily and vacation rental deals using a modified version of J. Scott's SFH Rental Analysis sheet, and am excited to be able to drive around Phoenix seeing the areas I have only been able to view through Google satellite images up to this point. I look forward to meeting those of you in the Phoenix area as we begin this exciting new time in AZ!

Thanks,

Ben Reichenberger

Loading replies...