Newbie from Bethel Park (South Hills Pittsburgh), PA

11 Replies

Hello BP Community!

I'm Kirstin Miller ready to take the idea of REI into action for my family. I stumbled upon BP a few days ago and find myself totally absorbed. The last three days I've listened to about a dozen BP Podcasts. GREAT STUFF! My teens are curious about my BP habit. :) This is a terrific site for them too. Options, right?!

My main goal is purchasing buy and hold property with the intent of a passive income stream growing and growing. My husband and I own our home and have been always talked about accumulating rentals. Through BP I am learning that builing a team to accomplish REI goals and build passive income is a very real option. I'll continue my education and thank all for the encouragement to just do it! The first step is always the hardest.

Peace,

Kirstin

Welcome to BP! This site is a great resource for any real estate investor.

I would love to connect with you someday we are very close, I live in Bridgeville and on of my offices is in Bethel Park.

I am a buy and hold investor as well as a full time Realtor who focuses on helping investors buy and liquate portfolios.

Kirstin,

I would absolutely agree, just jump in. You'll make mistakes for certain, but as long as you implement changes and learn, you'll succeed. Best of luck.

Regards,
Devin

Hey there Newbie.

I am a seasoned (6month) vet from Pittsburgh too.
We live North of the city near Zelienople.

I had the exact same interest and goals as you and the wife and I talk around it for a while too. I finally made the leap and am sooo happy I did. It's bee great so far.

Thanks to all for the sage words.  Glad to know there are others nearby.  Hope to meet up in the future.  Digging deeper.....

Happy Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for.

Best,

Kirstin

Hi Kristin,

Welcome to BP! It is a great resource for all investors, feel free to reach out to me if you need anything we are basically neighbors. I am a full time Realtor who focuses on investors in the area, I also invest in property myself.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you