RE investor in California, engineer by day

7 Replies

Hey everyone! Looking to get to know all the great people here. I've found so many useful threads on these forums for the years that I figured I should just join.

Originally posted by @Ali Boone :

Welcome! What kind of engineer? I used to be aerospace.

Thanks for the Welcome! I'm an Electrical Engineer working in automotive right now. But I moonlight in real estate, it's a different kind of brain teaser that's just as fun. :)

Welcome!  Investing can be done while working a full time job.  Many people do it and like it that way. Find what it is you enjoy about real estate and become better than anyone else in your specific market.

If you can't find good deals in your immediate area, look at a nearby community or find another state completely.

There's an incredible amount of information on this site for FREE and the community is fantastic.  Josh, Brandon and the rest of the crew keep the sales stuff to a minimum as best they can so you'll get nothing but honest feedback from good people.

Good luck to you!

I totally agree! I did the same thing, except "moonlight" for me meant secretly in my cubicle at work :) haha. And very cool on mechanical/automotive!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you