Votes
Jenete Okeke
  • Hamden, CT
Votes |
From Connecticut starting from scratch

Jenete Okeke
  • Hamden, CT
Posted Nov 24 2015, 11:50

I graduated from college three years ago and have been working as a nurse's aide during that time. I am planning on hopefully going back to school for occupational therapy soon but I am also interested in real estate. I have been looking into the idea of house hacking and would like to own and rent multi-unit properties/apartments as I grow in the real estate business. I currently in the learning phase where I am looking for any information I can get to better understand what I am getting into and I am starting from scratch. I do not have experience with real estate yet other then helping prepare the condo my parents rent out in between tenants. I have about $5k dollars saved up and was wondering where to start or if I should just wait and save up more after school since my plan is to go back to school hopefully next year. I also have been contemplating getting a mentor or partnering with someone with experience who can show me the ropes since I learn best through hearing and doing. So if you have any advice or time to mentor your knowledge and wisdom will be greatly appreciated. 

Loading replies...