Krista Patrick
  • Northwest Arkansas
Votes |
New member from Logan, Utah

Krista Patrick
  • Northwest Arkansas
Posted Nov 25 2015, 17:45

Hi BiggerPockets! 

I'm Krista Patrick and I've actually been a member of BiggerPockets for about six months now but I've been spending my time reading (books, forums, the Ultimate Beginners Guide, getting started, etc), listening to podcasts, absorbing as much knowledge as I can, and saving but I think it's finally time to stop being scared and start introducing myself. I honestly can't recall how I came to find BiggerPockets but I'm so grateful I have. Divine intervention I suppose!

My family is currently in a bit of a transitional phase which I've decided is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start our real estate investing career. My husband will have 13 years under his belt in the US Army but it's time for us to cut ties and move on. We are looking to start investing in Logan, Utah (or other areas in Utah) and Fayetteville, Arkansas areas specifically. This is where we will be primarily splitting our time. Although, eventually we would like to branch out to the Gulf Coast (Gulfport, Biloxi, New Orleans) simply because we fell in love with the area during our time there and still have many ties. But for now, Logan and Fayetteville. 

We are looking into fix and flips and buy and hold properties (single family and small multi-family to start). We've had a rental property we've since sold (many years ago) but I'll admit, we had no idea what we were doing at the time. We would like to get started as soon as possible. I've been trying to learn as much as possible before taking the plunge into making an actual purchase but I've quickly learned that I'll never know enough. So as soon as we can find something that fits the budget and the goal, we will jump on board! 

Primarily at this point, I'm focusing on learning, analyzing a deal, and finding mentors and other like-minded individuals with real life experience (in the area's we are looking to invest specifically, but I'm not opposed to making new friends everywhere!) that might be willing to guide this newbie! We are currently finishing out his career in Montana so I'm doing all of this long distance at the moment (within traveling distance though) so any tips on doing all this from out of state are greatly appreciated!

Thanks BP members!

Loading replies...