New member from Minneapolis, Minnesota

4 Replies

Hi im a new member, my name is Anthony Franklin. Im new to real estate investing so I don't have any experience. Honestly im stuck in the analysis paralysis. I've been reading about wholesailing (also how I found out about biggerpockets.com) and would like to go out and make my first deal. My goal in REI is to wholesale until im able to buy multi family home or small apartment building. Starting small working my way up. Im eager to hear everyones advice and start networking with aweso people.

@Anthony Franklin Welcome to BP!

While I don't know about wholesaling, I can say that all facets one way or another in RE seem to touch on one another. I buy and hold property and am educating myself on flipping. This isn't to say that I might not acquire the property via wholesaler but so far I've not ventured to.

Definitely read, read, read, and interact. You may not be stuck in the paralysis being new and just jumping in. Some people go out and get themselves into trouble without having any knowledge on what they are getting into. I would say that you are on the right track with reading up and may want to try getting into your local Real Estate Investors (REI) club if you can find one in your area. I found one in my area and it's opened up a ton of contacts and information and networking.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the advice @Daria B. Thats one thing im nervous about being a newbie. Getting myself into trouble or messing big. I guess the only way to actually learn is to start doing.

Hi, 

I'm also a new member from the Twin Cities area. My name is Andrew Harris. I'm a tax CPA. I decided I can't do that for the rest of my life and I'm attracted to the ability to have more time for family and friends through the use of real estate investing. I also like the idea of not working for someone else because my belief and a sovereign God can't be separated from who I am as a person and influencesee every decision I make and I desire to be about this in my work rather than to be dictated by a secular HR corporate policy.

Particularly,  I'm interested in multifamily rental real estate using a BRRRS approach. I currently  have zero properties, but I'm committed to getting that first one.

Anthony, glad to hear that you are making this leap too and encourage you to keep at it.

Andrew

@Andrew that sounds like a good reason to get into REI. How much do you know about multifamily homes? In the future I think it would be nice to own one. Good luck on getting your first deal.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you