Idaho Newbie

6 Replies

Hey @Sharon Matteson  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Also - here's a couple articles you might enjoy:

The 21 Best Real Estate Investing Books Ever

How to Rent Your House: The Definitive Step by Step Guide

How to Be a Landlord: Ten Tips for Success

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

Welcome @Sharon Matteson !

I believe in general the numbers work best for rentals in Canyon county vs Ada county. Practice plugging in the numbers prior to purchasing a rental with the BiggerPockets rental calculator. I have found their calculators invaluable! This site is HUGE, but those calculators especially will put some coin in your pockets 😀

Hi Sharon,

I am from Meridian but am now in North Idaho. My property manager is in Nampa if you are looking to go that route. I just hired him this summer but he has been great to work with. Let me know if you need his name. 

I hope you enjoy living in the Treasure Valley. Where did you move from?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you