Newbie in Virginia - Hampton Roads/Peninsula

6 Replies

Hello All

I'm hoping to increase my knowledge and connect with like minded people.  I'm hoping to generate long-term cash-flow via rental properties.  I've always found real estate interesting but also quite scary.  It was about 10 years ago but I still remember how nervous I was when I purchased my first/current personal home.  Over the past month I've been reading a lot and yesterday I finally found my way to BiggerPockets...  I wish I would have found this site a long time ago.

I would love to purchase my first rental property in 2016, but I'm not rushing it.  In the mean-time I plan on catching up on BP podcasts, reading, and seeking out fellow investors in my local area.

Welcome, Paul! 

You are in the right place to learn!  As you gather your data and your wish list, work with an investor friendly agent who will be patient and helpful in your search.  

Here's to your great success in 2016!

~NormaJean Cupp

@Paul Washington welcome to BP. It's a great platform to learn, network with like minded people. Be sure to setup keyword alerts for neighborhood/cities/areas etc that you want to get notified when other are talking about. Good luck with your RE journey!

Welcome welcome paul.   its great to see shining faces in the tidewater..  let us know when u need some assistance w anything.   ur going to b great...  

Hi @Paul Washington  

Welcome! Glad you're here. There are lots of ways to learn more and get involved in the local real estate investor community in NOVA. Bigger Pockets is great. I'd also recommend joining a local group or two... I'm a member of Capital REI, which is run by @Roger Lin, @Justin Pierce, and @John Rubino. This is a great group that meets in Fairfax City each month. Nice group with lots of good people in it. I can provide more details if you're curious. You can

Also, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction for things to think about and consider as you make a decision regarding your next steps.

Please check out my profile and reach out if you think I might be able to help you. I have lots of clients in the same boat- just getting started and trying to make the best possible choices as they move forward. It's great that you're reaching out for advice. That's a VERY smart first step. :)

Liz

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you