Chris Thome
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
New BP Member from Chicago

Chris Thome
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Feb 3 2016, 11:39

Hello BP Members,

I'm a new transplant to Chicago, having moved recently from Miami where I was living for the past 6 years. I work in the Energy Industry, and aside from a few courses in University have no real Real Estate experience, but am very excited to learn. I was re-introduced to REI since reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad and since then have become absolutely hooked!

I'm excited to be a part of such a dynamic community, one with so much material and so many members. At the moment I think the best strategy for me would be building a portfolio of passive income investments, but as I said I'm new to this so that might change.

If anyone has any tips on evaluating a new market, the Chicago market, buy-hold investing, getting started with your first property or is willing to provide some guidance I would greatly appreciate it! Or even if you just want to share some past success stories I welcome the chance to connect. 

I look forward to connecting with some of you, and to sharing as I learn from the site and my experiences. 

Chris 

Loading replies...