REI meetup in Lexington, KY

6 Replies

I'm new to Biggerpockets, but love the threads already. I see many people setting up meet and greets on here for their particular areas. I'd love to set that up for Lexington, KY, so we can all shares ideas and get to know one another. Anyone else like the idea? Thanks!

@Micah Harris sounds like a good plan. If you are talking about BP specific not sure how many you would get to come but probably a few which is ok. You could also just come to the local REIA and meet most of the people there. Bluegrass Real Estate Investors on Facebook.

Hello @Micah Harris and welcome to BP. BP has a lot to offer when it comes to real estate. BP has the answers you are looking for and is also great when it comes to networking with other real estate investors. I wish you best of luck. You are not alone in your real estate ambition. 

Promotion
Baselane
All-in-one Financial Hub for Rentals
Still using Excel to manage your rental finances?
Simplify rent collection, bookkeeping, banking, reporting, and taxes. Less stress, higher ROI.
Learn More

Hello and welcome to BP!  I have never been east of the Mississippi but it sounds like you are in a pretty good place.  I am from and was raised in Dallas Texas and that is the area I hope to make my living.  This is a good place to get your education with the Podcasts, the blogs, and the forum questions and experienced answers.  Do not try to do everything yourself.  Find an experienced and trustworthy Team that will return your phone calls and provide you with the things that you need help on.  Be able to get proper insurance for your just closed properties.  Also get its locks changed right after you close.  If the locks are still good just install them at another address.  Always do the numbers and try to look at property before you close or have a clause in your contract that allows you to back out without a penalty.

I screwed up up and hit the wrong button too soon and did not tell you about myself.  I am 59 and I found BP about 7 months ago and I am still trying to decide what to do.  I went to college (it is not mandatory) and I have a business degree that emphasized real estate.  Because I was in Texas my classes I took in college qualified me to get a broker license without having to take anything extra.  I kept that license for about 30 years. I closed a few deals for other people.  Regardless of what I had I felt more comfortable in the construction business.  My father has been in real estate for about 40 years and he has taught me a little bit.  If you think I can help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck!

Micah Harris, I am definitely game to do a BP member meet a greet for Lexington focused investors! Could be a great opportunity to chat about our awesome city and the loads of potential we have here as investors!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you