• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
CA - Agent, Entrepreneur, Investor

Loren Miner
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Apr 12 2016, 12:24

I am a 26 yr old CA Native. I grew up playing hockey my whole life through out US and Europe. A little under a year ago I retired from pro hockey. After retiring I was confused about a career choice, but knew that my ultimate goal was to have unlimited freedom when it came to my job & life. This philosophy was sparked by "Rich Dad Poor Dad" at age 15 and it is ironic because it has been mentioned several times in the few episodes I've heard. So a combination of that book and watching my mother do pretty much whatever she wanted, when she wanted in her career as a real estate agent, I knew it was a great start for me.

Fast forward 8 months and I am working real estate in OC & LA county. I have sold several properties in Orange County with my largest sale being a double end at 1.5m. My quickest was a 48 hour wholesale. I am currently waiting for my first flip to close on the market, you can check that out if interested. 2205 E Spaulding St, Long Beach CA. (I have learned a so much in the process)

Currently I am looking to buy my first 4-6 units with my long time friend and college-teammate, who is in the world of commercial real estate. The plan is living in one unit with him, while managing the rest. We should be generating passive income while learning the process. House hacking was the term I heard on the show yesterday. I am also continually looking for my flip opportunities.

I am a big advocate of podcast. Being in CA it easy to drive a lot, so audio learning makes up the majority of my education. I was luckily turned onto bigger pockets by a colleague of mine. Looks like I am enjoying it, since I am now making a profile after a couple episodes.

My goals for being here would be to connect with others. I am looking to help any one who cares to learn from my accomplishments and failures. I am a student to the game and have big plans as far as my investment goals go. However, I am still looking to find my sweet spot. I hope by being active in this community I can change other peoples lives, while figuring out my own & make a few friends along the way!

If you have read this far thank you for your time! I hope this was a proper intro!

Loading replies...