Votes
Fara Kwok
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
Spokane Washington

Fara Kwok
  • Renton, WA
Posted Apr 22 2016, 21:30
hi my name is Fara and I'm new to real estate investing. I'm from seattle Washington . I'm looking for agents and reaching out for advices from BP members to help me understand investment opportunities around Spokane valley area. my goal is to build positive cash flow and hoping to start with Single family house with the range 85k - 110k and wonder if there are opportunities out there around the Spokane valley area? I'm hoping to get it started as soon as I can.

User Stats

Votes
Naomi Pinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lacey, WA 98503
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lacey, WA 98503
Replied Apr 22 2016, 21:51

Welcome to BP. It's a wonderful place for Real Estate investing education. I am familiar with that side of the state but right now I'm in western Washington. I wish you all the luck with your investing endeavors.

User Stats

Votes
David Clinton III
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Replied Apr 22 2016, 21:52

Hi Fara,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  You'll learn a ton here.  Are you living in the Spokane area, or over in the Seattle area investing from afar?

There is a lot of opportunity here - get started educating yourself and meet as many people as you can.  I'd be happy to meet over coffee and chat about business if you'd like. Let me know!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Fara Kwok
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
  • Renton, WA
Replied Apr 22 2016, 22:14

thanks Naomi Pinger and David Clinton III . I live in the Renton area in seattle and would like to invest from afar cause I'm hoping the Spokane area provide a lower entry point. would definitely like to meet and discuss what's out there. in the meantime also would be great if any realtors in the Spokane area can help me out. any recommendation on Spokane area agent ?

User Stats

Votes
David Clinton III
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Replied Apr 22 2016, 22:16

There are a number of great agents - I'll message you directly.

User Stats

Votes
Lane Kawaoka
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Honolulu, HAWAII (HI)
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Honolulu, HAWAII (HI)
Replied Apr 23 2016, 18:42

Fara Kwok why Spokane?

User Stats

Votes
Fara Kwok
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
  • Renton, WA
Replied Apr 24 2016, 00:48

I am thinking
1) lower entry point
2) not too far from where I live , at least driving distance
3) at least there are jobs there and hopefully that helps finding tenants, looks like Spokane valley isn't too far from Liberty lake .
I am still open to looking at other areas though . ive been looking at Zillow and I don't see much choices in my price range even in Spokane valley neither.

User Stats

Votes
Rance Brown
  • Lender
  • Spokane, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Spokane, WA
Replied Apr 27 2016, 10:18

Hi Fara,

Thanks for your post.  I work with a Hard Money lender in Spokane and we lend all over WA, OR and ID.  I also work with several agents accross the state as they are working with investors.  If you want to give me a call when you get a chance, I can get a better idea of what you are looking to do and I can help refer you to some great people.  I will send you a request with my contact info.

Thanks so much,

Rance

User Stats

Votes
Justin Kroepfl
  • Lender
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 27 2016, 18:53

Hi Fara!! I am in the Spokane area and have purchased a couple duplexes out here over the last couple of months. From I have seen there is a good amount out here in your price range but they are not typically in the best shape at that price point. Are you planning on using an agent? I know a couple good ones out here that understand investor needs. Good luck!!! You are for sure starting in the righ tplace here on BP! 

User Stats

Votes
Fara Kwok
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
  • Renton, WA
Replied Apr 28 2016, 23:14

hi Justin Kroepfl yes I'm planning to use agent and actually management company too because I live so far away from Spokane. can u recommend any good agents ??

User Stats

Votes
David Clinton III
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Replied Apr 29 2016, 06:28

Fara: I recommend calling Toni Alltus. We have worked closely together for months, and she has been a wonderful agent. She has been in the local industry about 13 years, and understands what an investor needs.

Here on Bigger Pockets, be sure to check your "Inbox" by clicking the bell icon in the top right corner. You likely have direct messages from people as well.

Have a great weekend!

User Stats

Votes
Ana P.
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Apr 4 2017, 16:13
Originally posted by @David Clinton III:

There are a number of great agents - I'll message you directly.

Hi! I am in a very similar situation than the original poster, could you also give me some orientation? I would greatly appreciate it!! 

User Stats

Votes
David Clinton III
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Coeur D Alene, ID
Replied Apr 4 2017, 21:11

Hey @Ana P. feel free to private message me; I'm happy to help you however I can.