Newbie from Aberdeen, Washington

9 Replies

Hi my name is Ezra,

I'm new to bigger pockets and the real estate, investing side of things.

I have 19 years of carpentry experience. Ten of which as a lead Forman and three as a general contractor.

I have been given the opportunity to quit my job and do my dream and passion of flipping houses.

My business partner came into a very large sum of money and has given me a large sum to start the business flipping houses in the olympia, Shelton Washington area. I'm in the process of setting up he business structure and trying to learn everything I possibly can....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated nd thank you bigger pockets for all the podcast. There is so much great info in them that had helped me to start understanding things a little more.

Sincerely Ezra

@Ezra Simon

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

@Ezra Simon - doood - its me! Great to see you on BiggerPockets! I didn't know you listened to the Podcast.  I haven't talked to you in several years so I hope you and your family are doing well. Congrats on jumping into flipping - and smart to look toward Olympia to get started. Grays Harbor is... tough to flip. It's hard to scale around here and ... well, you know the harbor! :) 

Anyway - keep in touch and be sure to set up some "Keyword Alerts" for terms like Olympia, Aberdeen, Tacoma... etc. This way - when there is a local meetup (like... I think there is an Olympia meetup in the next week or two) you'll get notified. Maybe I'll see you at the next meetup? Check with @Naomi Pinger  for the date/time! 

Welcome Ezra,

I would like to extend an invitation to join our REI meeting on May 26th at 6:30 PM at Dirty Dave's Pizza at 3939 Martin Way East in Olympia, WA 98506. This will be our second meeting and we are hoping to have a bigger crowd of investors than the last time.

There is a lot of exchanging of ideas, wheeling and dealing, and good companionship. Please plan on joining us.

Good luck with your investing.  

I just purchased both books by j Scott and I'm excited to start reading them. Thanks for the invite Naomi pinger I will try and make it.

Brandon Turner- I have been listening to the podcast for a couple weeks now. Trying to catch up on all the good info from past ones.

Ezra, welcome to BiggerPockets!  I lived in Aberdeen for several years, am currently located in Longview.  Weyerhaeuser is the common thread of where we put down roots.  Maybe I'll meet you at a future meet-up.  Agree with Brandon to set up key word alerts and listen to the podcasts, also stay active on the site!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you