Greetings BP!

14 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Peter Gonzalez and I recently made some life changes and I will soon be in Lakeland Florida. I worked as a wholesaler in Tampa for about 4 years before the market fell apart and I'm ready to ease back in but my goal this time will be buy and hold. I am going to use a few wholesale deals to build capital and I am very familiar with investor financing and title work procedures. Connect with me if you feel there is anything at all I can do to help you achieve your goals. I'm excited to start!

Hi @Peter Gonzalez welcome to BP, if you have not already, I highly recommend the PodCasts.....I have started listening, and you will find invaluable information there. I live in Lakeland, and I am looking for our next projects, so if you have something, let me know.

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now

Good morning and welcome to the area

I'm a beginner with big plans; however, I'm happy to help where I can.

I've only recently bought my first home and am excited to save and move forward. I can't offer a lot of real estate help and advice, but my profession has me all over Lakeland streets. If I can offer any advice or information on particulars of specific neighborhoods in Lakeland, hit me up and I'll be glad to help.

Welcome to BP.  I also wanted to mention the podcasts since they are absolutely brilliant and have helped me in so many ways.  I'm in Clearwater if you ever need anything in my area. Please feel free to reach out to me. 

hi @Peter Gonzalez welcome to laleland there is a lot of competition in lakeland but the invesror community is pretty much an everybody know everybody community.  As soon as you get a deal to market you will meet everyone. The DOM have shrank from 90 to 30 days which says alot about the competition. The prices paid are rediculously to high for some properties. In short what I am trying to say is that many buyers have express the need for quality wholesale deals. 

Thanks everyone!  I'm already listening to the podcasts. A lot of great information on this site. Thanks for reaching out and I hope to work with as many contacts on here as possible. I know there is a lot to figure out in a highly competitive market. 

the something @manny cirino said about Lakeland applies even more so in my hometown of Miami FL.

I'm currently looking everywhere for any good wholesale deals on duplex and SFR in the South Florida area.

The MLS has become almost useless for me.

@Peter Gonzalez welcome to BP!  Lakeland is a great market for buy and hold :-).  I agree with @Manny Cirino that it's become very competitive recently in the Lakeland area.  This doesn't mean you can't find deals,  it make sure they are deals.  If you are not familiar with Lakeland I suggest you drive around a bit because there are some war zones.  I look forward to running into you in Lakeland. 

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

@Peter Gonzalez

Welcome. 

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you