Rio Soe
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Building my team

Rio Soe
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted May 31 2016, 11:34

Hi,

I am a very new here and looking to find an investor/beginner friendly realtor in the Atlanta area. 

My investment niche: buy and hold, duplex to fourplex.

I am ready to take actions with the right property(s), and eventually, I would also like to get to know: Real Estate Attorneys, CPAs, Inspectors, and Property Managers.

Could you point me to the right direction?

Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Christian Driver
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Marietta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Marietta, GA
Replied May 31 2016, 11:36

I'm a local Realtor - I'd be happy to help out!  Let's connect.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Ortins
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beverly, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beverly, MA
Replied May 31 2016, 11:43

@Rio Soe I am not in your area, but feel free to reach out with any general investing questions.

Best of luck,

Brian

Port Unity LLC Logo
PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lee
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jun 6 2016, 14:35

Hello and welcome to BP!  I am not from your area so I can not be too much help.  I wanted to say hello and wish you the best!  Developing a Team early on will help you get things done and not necessafilly overwhelm you.  That is the best early things that will allow you more time to focus on income productive things.  This site will help you learn and get questions answered, mostly by people that have been down that road.  Form your corporation to help protect you personally.  Know your market well and it's best locations.

Always do a project analysis and try to look at the property before you make an offer or at least have a clause in the sales contract that allows you some time (usually 15 days) that will allow you to make an inspection or possibly back out of the deal without a penalty that exceeds your earnest money amount.  Right after you close on a property get the exterior door locks changed.

I am 59 years old and I am still trying to decide what to do.  I went to college, not that it is mandatory, and I got a business degree that emphasized real estate.  Since I was in Texas and planned on staying there I wanted to find out if I was qualified to take a test for a broker license so I got a license without taking anything extra.  Regardless of what I had I felt more comfortable in the construction business.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17 including those college years.  I have been self employed since 1988. I did do a few deals in real estate for other individuals.  I have only done one investment deal for myself.  If you think I can help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck to you!

User Stats

Votes
Rio Soe
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jun 6 2016, 15:35

Hi @Michael Lee

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am still looking for a realtor, so eventually I would attend my local REIA meetups, hoping to connect with someone there. If you know anyone in my area, please connect us. :)

Forming LLC or corporation has proven to be a challenge. To form such structure correctly, I need to consult/hire a CPA or an attorney. In addition, I heard getting loans would be another challenge with LLC. So, those are two hurdles before I even start looking at any properties....

As a buy and hold investor, do I need a buyer's agent? Technically, I could deal directly with the seller's agent.

Thanks again for your advice.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lee
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jun 7 2016, 18:25

Hello again!  You may have to close under your personal name but you can transfer to your C oration.  Yes, if you don't have someone that can tell you how to form a corporation, you might need to hire one that does.  Just make sure you budget for that expense.  Best wishes!