Young and Eager to Learn

5 Replies

My name is Tyler Martin and I'm 20 years old. I'm a student at Florida State University (Go Noles) majoring in Entrepreneurship, Finance, and considering a third major in Real Estate. I grew up in Miami, Fl (Palmetto Bay) and I spend my summers there, but I spend the school year in Tallahassee at Florida State.

I started reading, and then I started flipping. Exploring garage sales, craigslist, and Facebook, I bought and sold everything from shot glasses to Ipods and Roombas (robot cleaners). Looking for ways to grow, I got into retail arbitrage, where I spent my time in Marshalls finding deals on underwear I could sell on eBay. Research on the retail arbitrage process led me to the private labeling business. Now instead of selling other people's products, I started a business creating and selling my own. 

Last week youtube suggested I watch a video on flipping homes, so I figured i'd give it a shot. After grinning ear to ear through hours of videos and podcasts I realized that Real Estate is my next step.

I'm young but I'm a hard worker and I'm eager to learn the ins and outs of this business. How should I get started?

Promotion
Speed To Lead
Buy hot seller leads w/o subscription
Buy daily seller leads that are actually ready to sell
Finally there's a place where you can buy leads that asked for urgent help selling their house
Originally posted by @Tyler Martin :

My name is Tyler Martin and I'm 20 years old. I'm a student at Florida State University (Go Noles) majoring in Entrepreneurship, Finance, and considering a third major in Real Estate. I grew up in Miami, Fl (Palmetto Bay) and I spend my summers there, but I spend the school year in Tallahassee at Florida State.

I started reading, and then I started flipping. Exploring garage sales, craigslist, and Facebook, I bought and sold everything from shot glasses to Ipods and Roombas (robot cleaners). Looking for ways to grow, I got into retail arbitrage, where I spent my time in Marshalls finding deals on underwear I could sell on eBay. Research on the retail arbitrage process led me to the private labeling business. Now instead of selling other people's products, I started a business creating and selling my own. 

Last week youtube suggested I watch a video on flipping homes, so I figured i'd give it a shot. After grinning ear to ear through hours of videos and podcasts I realized that Real Estate is my next step.

I'm young but I'm a hard worker and I'm eager to learn the ins and outs of this business. How should I get started?

Hi Tyler, grew up right where you did. Except I went to UF :). But I won't hold it against you. I agree with @nickbritton best way to get started is joining networks and building your relationships. You don't need to learn everything or have all the money to get started. Just ambition and willing to take steps forward. I'm happy to grab coffee and share experiences with you.

Regards,

Phil (Palmetto high class of 2004)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you