New Member from San Jose

2 Replies

Hi Friends,

Just want to introduce my self. I live in the SFO Bay Area CA and always thought that it is a waste of money to commit yourself to a million dollar house and just spend rest of your life paying mortgage on it. Then rental property investing caught my attention and the idea of investing in the rental properties to generate cash flow and also make some properties in the long run really excited me. During my initial research about the topic i stumbled upon bigger pockets and i thought t is a nice place to start. 

Welcome @Adesh Kumar .

You aren't the first person to conclude what you have concluded. My favorite "evil genius" client (and I don't mean "evil" in a bad way) has been living in a rent controlled SF apartment for years and years, and owns six rental properties in East Bay cities that do NOT have rent control.

Incidentally, our Bay Area crew is super active and helpful, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone.

@Adesh Kumar welcome to BP! As you read through the blogs and listen to the podcasts, try and see if you can find posts from those that live here and invest outside of the Bay Area. Read them and also read the posts about the pros/cons of doing them. Then, reach out and see if you can learn more about their experience (success and failures) over coffee.

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you