Small town investor

6 Replies

Small town investor from a city in between two or three bigger cities that get all the attention.

I own two rental properties; a 3 bedroom 3 bath house and a duplex. Both in the same small town.

Nice thing about income investment properties is there is no where it can't be done. Investors spending time looking for the right or best market are wasting time day dreaming about the grass on the other side of the fence.

I'm also in small towns and I think we actually have an advantage for buy and hold investing. The deep pocket investors and hedge fund buyers don't come into my areas as much because they can't scale here. So we have a much better opportunity of picking up deals than those in the bigger cities/suburbs.

I actually think its better to stay in the smaller towns as long as the schools are good.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you