Investing in Northwest Connecticut

8 Replies

My partner and I are starting a real estate investment company around the area of Torrington, Connecticut.  I have $50,000 cash and excellent credit.  We are looking for a total rehab property that we can buy with cash and then get a personal loan to fix it up so we can do a refinance,  We'd then like to use the equity to buy another property.  My partner does construction and I am a real estate paralegal and bookkeeper.  Any advice would be helpful. 

hi I am a real estate agent based in Torrington and I live in Watertown I work with investors regularly finding them houses to flip or buy and hold. I also am a real estate investor as well. Are you looking to buy multi families or single families or not sure yet?

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

I saw a house in Torrington for $55,000 that looks like a great place to start for a newbie investor. It looks to be halfway completed and just needs to be finished. I'll post the Zillow link below.

73 Berry St
Torrington, CT 06790

See what I found on #Zillow!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/57826338_zpid

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  You'll obtain an incredible amount of information on this site which will prove to be invaluable in your real estate investing.  Listen to the podcast, read the blogs and attend the webinars to gain as much knowledge as you can.

I'm from Northwest, CT and invest in Litchfield County.  My partner and I will be closing (selling) our 1st flip next Fri. and our Buy and Hold will close the following Fri.  We didn't intend to sell the Buy and Hold but it made good financial sense for us at this time.

I wish you well in your investing career.  Please feel free to reach out to me.

@Linda Marois

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Paul

Hey I am also new here. I reached out to a friend who checked into this place for me - The deal won't work for me currently as they need the cash out and can't do seller financing. It will need a roof shortly and also needs some plumbing but it looks like it is within your price range. 

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/141-Oak-Ave_Torrington_CT_06790_M45336-06315#photo0

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you